Friday, February 26, 2010

Organization and Journaling Research

Well, I'm in a group that's studying if electronic journaling affects our health. So, I'm going to be publishing to my blog every day for the next two weeks.

I've been thinking very much about organization. I want to be able to actually accomplish things--to do some good in this world. Here are a few ideas from Preach My Gospel:
1. Keep both quantitative (numerical, summarizing, averages) and qualitative (detailed, personal, verbose) records of your goals and your efforts to reach those goals.
2. "Goals reflect the desires of our hearts and our vision of what we can accomplish."
3. Planning and organization take time and energy.
4. "Through goals and plans, our hopes are transformed into action."

And a quote:
“I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don’t set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential. When one learns to master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference in the results he attains in this life.” --– Elder M. Russell Ballard, Oct. 18, 1981

No comments: