Monday, November 24, 2008

Sharing Who You Are

One of my greatest desires in life is to bless the lives of others. As I've cultivated this desire and matured, I've tried to share my love, personality, and intelligence with those around me.

As I've done so, I've observed that I cannot bless others unless I have something to share. I need to take some time to develop my own talents and my own relationship with God. I have to be something unique. In essence, I have to discover who I am.

When I searched lds.org for quotes on finding out who you are from the prophets, I found two talks about family history--how our ancestors can be role models that help us discover who we are. I went and studied one of my ancestors--my great-great grandfather. He was known for being friendly and charismatic, yet also bold, passionate, and aggressive. He let people know where he stood, and he invited everyone to learn about the gospel, but he never gave cause for offense.

I want to be myself, to be someone unique, so that I can bless those around me. It's a risk, but it's worth it.

No comments: