Thursday, February 12, 2009

Republicans for Congress, Democrats for President

So, a good way to sum up my federal voting feeling is Republicans for congress and Democrats for president. Why?

Republicans espouse almost everything that I believe in domestic affairs: family values, economic freedom, etc. On the other hand, Democrats generally espouse the anti-war and humility in foreign affairs that I think America needs to adopt. Since Congress has more control over domestic affairs, and the President has more control over foreign affairs, it makes sense that I would want Republicans in Congress and Democrats for presidents.

However, I do try to vote for individuals, not parties. There are good and not-so-good leaders in both parties.

And, for Utah politics, I usually vote Constitution party for everything--or almost everything. They're my favorite party. But they're not a major player in federal politics at the moment.

No comments: